Can you change the v6.1 to level 3? Old passwords with up to ten upper
case should still work.

On 06/01/2016 04:50 PM, Chris Bipes wrote:
Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a new Power 8 system that I am putting into place running V7R2.

We have several programs that use DDM and other that use ICF. I have the DDM working. I have SNADS working. (Ok someday I will have to retire it.) The problem is with the ICF programs. These are used for real time transaction processing. The older system at V6R1 cannot establish communications with the new system. I keep getting an error on the password on the remote system, V7R2 box.

I think it is because I setup the new system at password level 3 to allow long mixed case password. I do plan on upgrading the old system to V7R2, (Sorry but it cannot support V7R3 thus I am putting the new system at V7R2.)

I think the error is due to the password level on the V6R1 Source system to be at 1 and the password level on the V7R2 system is at 3.

Does anyone out there know of a fix or work around? In the mean time I am reading up on my SNA book. (only 800 pages.)

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.

-- Este e-mail fue enviado desde el Mail Server del diario ABC Color --
-- Verificado por Anti-Virus Corporativo Symantec --