Oh - I guess I didn't actually say we do use control groups for the daily and weekly saves. The SAVOBJBRM that starts the journal saves is the only save that does not directly use a control group.

Thanks to all for the info!

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Getz
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 10:48 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: BRMS user new to use of tape libraries

I agree with Paul, a control group is the way to go with very little setup and it's easier to maintain going forward. A control group will also allow you to use multiple drives should you want to (in some cases it can cut a significant time off the full system save)

These are all just suggestions. However, to answer your original question, yes it looks like your bullets are correct and should work.

Paul