Jim,What are you loading with the TFTP/NFS server on your PC? I was under the impression the Network Install required an IBM i to host the NFS image catalog.

From: midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: New Power 8
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 08:34:26 -0500

If you look you'll find all the DVDs for the LIC (called I_BASE) and the 5
group DVDs which contain 90% of what you'll need. Most of those DVDs are
for Web Enablement (and useless).

If the system was preloaded, the partition is set up to take the entire box,
if that's what you want go for it, however if you are going to partition the
system you'll wind up blowing that partition away and building all anew.
(read: lots of time formatting DASD units) Because I really dislike the
way IBM builds the preloaded partition, (no PTFS btw) I always start from
scratch anyway.

If you understand how the system does it's remote boot (BOOTP), you can get
away with using your PC as the TFTP/NFS server to build it from images
there, but it take some tinkering to get it working.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects