From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 6:25 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Query Running message

Just a point of clarification.

SEQUEL is a product.
http://www.helpsystems.com/sequel
I have no knowledge of it and don't care to be informed (or any
alternatives).

SQL stands for Structured Query Language.

Some people tend to call SQL into SEQUEL. I have no idea why. Perhaps by
adding vowels they can verbally say it as a word. Like some people also
call SQL squirrel instead. While "SQuirreL SQL is an open-source Java SQL
Client program for any JDBC compliant database."

So when one says they are executing SEQUEL from RPG it makes me wonder if
they are, or if they are executing SQL.