I think it has something to do with netserver... I've had this problem
since V5R4 and it's still there on V7R3. Better, but not great (more
likely due to newer faster hardware).

Sometimes I can right click on a file and open it (with something like
notepad++), other times it takes a few seconds before the open with prompt
appears.

When deleting one file, it seems to take forever, but when deleting more
than one, it seems to go quicker.

When editing an IFS file, "save as" seems to take 10 seconds or so before
giving a dialogue to save the file... but "save" seems to be instantaneous.

I hope these are along the same lines as the problem you're having.. I've
just put up with it for now... I hope to hear an answer as well.

Brad
www.bvstools.com