From: Paul Bailey <PaulBailey@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/04/2016 08:19 AM
Subject: Copyng a library

Hi,

I need to create an infrequently used copy of our live data every month. It
has to be a complete copy, so originally we were using CPYLIB. But CPYLIB
takes an extraordinarily long time to do the job and interferes with the
day-to-day processing if (when) it runs into the work day.

Recently we decided to use RSTLIB instead which would restore the nightly
backup from the tape and even if the job did run slowly it would not affect
the users. However, both DLTLIB and CLRLIB take even longer to clear the
backup library before we can restore to it.

After some investigation I discovered that the backup library is journaling
to the same journal as the live data after a RSTLIB but no objects are
journaled after a CPYLIB. I'm guessing that the journaling is causing the
CLRLIB to take an exceptionally long time, and no journaling is required on
the backup copy, so can anyone advise how I can use RSTLIB but prevent the
journaling from starting on any of the objects restored?

Thanks in advance,
Paul.

Important This email transmission and any files with it are strictly
confidential to the intended recipient and may be legally privileged. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of BHSF. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, disclose or distribute its contents in any way.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and
delete the email from your system. We have taken steps to ensure this email
and attachments are free from any virus but do not accept any
responsibility once this e-mail has been transmitted. You should scan any
attachments for viruses. No contract may be concluded on behalf of BHSF
Group Limited or its subsidiary companies by email.
Registered Office: BHSF Group Limited, Gamgee House, 2 Darnley Road,
Birmingham B16 8TE. Registered in England number 04767689. BHSF is
authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential
Regulation Authority.

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely
by Mimecast. For more information please visit https://www.mimecast.com