I was having an issue with IBM Navigator for i not starting on one of my
IBM i 7.3 partitions.
There is a known issue that affects a few levels of IBM i.

First I did a
NETSTAT *CNN
and noticed that port 2001 was not active
Then I did a
WRKSBS
And used option 8 on QHTTPSVR
I noticed that job ADMIN2 was not running.
I did a
WRKJOB ADMIN2
and looked at the joblog for the most recent.
CPFC780 - Failed to start the integrated Web application server. reason
code is 4
4 - The file specified for property engine.stdout failed to open. Error:
3525.
DSPMSGD CPE3525
Object is too large to process.

I opened up a ticket. I was pointed to:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1021123

It says
<snip>
Inspect the /www/<server>/wlp/usr/servers/<server>/logs/console.log to
see if it is very large in size.
</snip>
Let me correct their path. It should be:
/QIBM/UserData/OS/ADMININST/<server>/wlp/usr/servers/<server>/logs
or in this case
/QIBM/UserData/OS/ADMININST/admin2/wlp/usr/servers/admin2/logs

My /QIBM/UserData/OS/ADMININST/admin2/wlp/usr/servers/admin2/jvm.options
file did not have the setting
-Dcom.ibm.as400.access.Trace.category=all
in it.

I deleted the log file.
ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN)
waited