From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Paul Nelson
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:59 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Using Image Catalog to update OS, Used Download Directory
to download OS

Stick with using the FTP option. Set up an image catalog with
CRTIMGCLG, and download everything into that directory. To avoid the
ADDIMGCLGE command, use this instead to get them all in one shot.

call qvoifimg parm('OS ' '*ALL' 0)

Once you load the image catalog onto the virtual optical drive, you
can reboot with the PWRDWNSYS command. Take the *IMGCLG option, and
your OS upgrade will commence.

All this has been documented in the OS upgrade guides for the last
several versions of the OS.

As for service packs, I use image catalogs named CUME, FIXES, etc. and
download to those directories.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 409-267-4027