We have an issue with Rexec server on IBMi as well.

We use IBM Rochester's FSFC Toolkit to flashcopy the all our LPAR
partitions
each evening. We then spin up the flashed system and backup the partition
to tape.

The FSFC toolkit uses the Rexec server to communicate between the
controlling partition and
the target partition for command and control. The credentials go in the
clear. When we scan
the network each IBMi shows critical vulnerabilities.

We had to write a rexec server exit to limit the systems and profiles that
were able to
access the rexec server.

We opened a ticket with IBM labs but they responded they had no plans to
change from rexec.

Jim

Jim W Grant
Senior VP, Chief Information Officer