Hi All:

We run a single instance of IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1.8 Build
201510070111_20 on a windows server.
We are interested in migrating this workload to the IBMi.

Its been some time since we have migrated the traveler from one server to
another and I seem to remember its pretty straight forward.

I saw these steps in the Knowledge center, any other considerations or
issues to be aware of when
performing the migration?

Jim

Moving a stand alone system to a new stand alone system
This method assumes you currently have a stand alone IBM Traveler server
and simply want to move it to a different stand alone server without
setting up an Enterprise DB. It also assumes you will have only minor, if
any, network configuration changes.
Note: There will be a degree of system outage using this method. As such,
it is recommended that a twenty four hour outage window be planned for and
announced to the user base.
1. Install the new operating system, Domino, and the IBM Traveler
application on the new IBM Traveler server with a similar configuration as
the existing IBM Traveler server, including SSL settings, SSL
certificates, Domain certificates and any security settings.
2. Verify the new IBM Traveler server is functional. In this case,
instruct one existing user to sync against the new server and verify it
works as expected.
3. Shut down both IBM Traveler servers.
4. Copy the following items from the old IBM Traveler server to the
new one:
a. The entire directory of <data>/traveler/ntsdb.
b. The file: <data>/LotusTraveler.nsf.
5. In the notes.ini on the new server, set the following parameters
parameters:
NTS_TEMPLATE_INSTALL=1
NTS_CLIENT_UPDATE=FULL
6. Start the new Domino server. The IBM Traveler server may perform
database migration depending on the version of the old server. Wait until
you see the message Traveler Started... before continuing.
7. Change the Proxy Server, Firewall, or other network appliance to
route traffic for the old server to the new server.
Or...
Change the physical hostname and IP address of the new server to be the
value of the old server. If you choose this option, you should also change
the hostname, IP Address and External URL parameters in the Domino server
document and any Internet Site documents to match the physical server
changes. A Domino server restart is recommended after making these
changes.
8. Verify any existing users continue to functional normally.
9. Power® off the old server if desired.

Jim W Grant
Senior VP, Chief Information Officer
Web: www.pdpgroupinc.com