So you are not limited for non-RDi enhancements. Bugs should still go through the PMR route, of course.

Cheers
Vern

On 4/13/2016 12:50 PM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
Vern,

We're not eligible for LUG, too small of a company, asked many years ago if I could join.
Management never approved of joining COMMON.

My options are limited.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: IBM i 7.3 Temporal tables

Paul

DCRs are a different path into IBM for submitting requirements - they are not merged with the COMMON requirements process.

You no longer need to be a COMMON member to use that page. If you submit one there, you might not see it right away - it defaults to not being publicly visible - an attempt to handle a problem with some web bot filling the place with bogus entries. They are working on better ways.

Another path is the LUG, and yet another is the ISV Advisory Council.
Also COMMON Europe has a requirements process, I believe. There is a CEAC - COMMON Europe Advisory Council - that is similar to our CAAC - COMMON America Advisory Council.

IBM listen to all of these - they like the councils, because those have a group of people vetting the submissions, which gives some weight to those that are passed on to IBM.

Another path is the RFE process - this is for software group stuff - Rational products, Websphere (I think), etc.

Vern