Z/OS and LUW get all the love much earlier (2012):

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-1410temporal-tables-db2zos/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Arco Simonse [mailto:arco400@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:21 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IBM i 7.3 Temporal tables

Today IBM announced IBM i 7.3.
Great enhancements are in it, there is also the great feature for temporal tables, which is fulfilling long-cherished wishes of some of us.

For what is published yet on:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/IBM%20i%207.3%20-%20Base%20Enhancements

and in the new SQL Reference at:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/db2/rbafzintro.htm
it looks like only system time temporal tables will be supported.

System time involves tracking when changes are made to the state of a table, such as when an insurance policy is modified or a loan is created.
Business time involves tracking the effective dates of certain business conditions, such as the terms of an insurance policy or the interest rate of a loan. (Business time is sometimes referred to as valid time or application time.) Indeed, some organizations need to track both types of temporal data in one table; such tables would be considered bitemporal.

Granted that this system time support is at least a good start, many businesses that are interested in the use of temporal tables would profit most from the use of business time temporal tables and bitemporals, so that for example you can do:

SELECT vin, rental_car, coverage_amt
FROM policy FOR BUSINESS_TIME AS OF '2012-06-20'
WHERE id = 1111;

Hopefully IBM will add these business time and bitemporal features soon in subsequent database PTF's.

Regards,
-Arco