Jim,

1) Did you look in IBM's list of HPT supported printers?

2) Is the printer doing any emulation, meaning that it's not expecting PCLx?

-mark

On 4/11/2016 5:12 PM, Jim Murphy wrote:
Host Print Transform will not convert a spool file to PCL5 on HP 8150N. This is my first time to have problems getting an overlay to work and my first time to try it on a HP8150. There are several other applications with overlays but they use macros instead of Host Print Transform. I have never created an overlay macro. Will HPT work on a HP8150 or will I have to use a macro?

The print to file was created on a PC running Windows 7 Enterprise with 64 bit operating system and an intel(R) i5 CPU.
I tried to create it with both the AMD64 generic AFP300 and AFP600 driver. It would not create a printer using the ia64 driver.

The overlay looks perfect when viewing with AFP Viewer.

The overlay was created with both iNavigator and CRTOVL after using FTP to transfer it to iSeries.
Several different workstation customizing object were used.
I tried using MFRTYPMDL= *HP5SI , *HP8000 and *WSCST

It will print the overlay when overriding to device type *AFPDS but print is jumbled.

Any help will be appreciated.
Jim Murphy
Director of Information Technology
Darby Doors, LLC