I see a good reason to put this stuff into its own directory inside
/QOpenSys

By that do you mean using the chroot functionality? Yes, using chroot has
many great advantages and I'd highly recommend it.

I assume - which we all know has its outcomes - that I can just extend the
path to the new location in a QP2SHELL call and it should still just work

If you are using the chroot approach then you need to enter into the chroot
environment before you can run something (i.e. chroot /QOpenSys/mychrootenv
/usr/bin/sh -c 'some command')

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>