From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:14 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: savrst IFS/libraries while in restricted state not working

Larry,

Can the controlling subsystem be in RSTD state? IOW, WRKSBS, F11=Display
system data, will show RSTD instead.

I know that BRMS, with the networking feature, starts a small subset of
TCP/IP so that it can communicate with other systems to beg for tapes (if
needed).

Starting the controlling subsystem after getting into a restricted state
tends to fire off some autostart job entries and whatnot which normally
starts all processes.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E