We also have utilities that will add PDF overlays to existing PDF files.
This works great for signatures, logos, etc. Simple command line
interface.

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Manuel Chaviano <manny@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have tried Ghostscript installed in PASE and it works very nice.

The RPG program instead of printing to a print file, writes Postscript code
to a physical file that later gets post processed with Ghostscript to add
a logo and signatures.

Here's how the driver CL program looks like:

Pgm &y1

Dcl &y1 *Dec (4 0)

/* Postcript program segments */

CpyF MYLIB/QTXT2 XX55F90 FromMbr(XX55F90) MbrOpt(*Replace)
FmtOpt(*CVTSRC)
CpyF MYLIB/QTXT2 XX55F99 FromMbr(XX55F99) MbrOpt(*Replace)
FmtOpt(*CVTSRC)
CpyF MYLIB/QTXT2 XX55F910 FromMbr(XX55F910) MbrOpt(*Replace)
FmtOpt(*CVTSRC)
CpyF MYLIB/QTXT2 XX55F911 FromMbr(XX55F911) MbrOpt(*Replace)
FmtOpt(*CVTSRC)
CpyF MYLIB/QTXT2 XX55F95 FromMbr(XX55F95) MbrOpt(*Replace)
FmtOpt(*CVTSRC)

/* Output (flat file, 256 record length)

ClrPFM XX55F2
Call XX55R1 &y1

/* To PASE world */

CpyToStmF FromMbr('/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/XX55F2.FILE/XX55F2.MBR') +
ToStmf('/home/Sample/var/XX55F2') +
CvtDta(*Auto) StmFOpt(*Replace) StmFCCSID(*StdASCII)

/* convert Postscript to PDF and add passwords */

Call QP2SHELL ( +
'/QOpenSys/usr/local/bin/gs' +
'-sOutputFile=/home/Sample/var/XX55F2.pdf' +
'-sDEVICE=pdfwrite' +
'-sOwnerPassword=*******' +
'-sUserPassword=*******' +
'-dBATCH' '-dNOPAUSE' +
'/home/Sample/var/XX55F2' +
)

Del '/home/Sample/var/XX55F2'

EndPgm

The Postscript template programs are "tagged" and the RPG will replace
the tags with the required values.
Some calculations are made in Postscript like pie chart drawings, totals,
etc.

The RPG will generate the file like this:
- Read the postscript preamble file once (*INZSR or first P file) and
write to XX55F2
-- Read a record from the database file required to print
--- Read the recurring template portion replacing the tags with the data
from the databas file
and write to XX55F2
--
- Read the final template and write it to XX55F5

A piece of the RPG:

*************** Beginning of data
*************************************
0001.00 H/TITLE
0002.00 H DFTNAME(XX55R1) DATFMT(*ISO)
0003.00 H DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP(*CALLER) ALWNULL(*USRCTL)
0004.00 H BNDDIR('TXTUTILS':'NAMES')
* - - Postscript Preamble (contains all your common procedures/def, no
tags except for globals)
FXX55F90 IPE F 256 DISK
* - - Your file to print with the data
FINPUTFILE ISE E K DISK PREFIX(H)
* - - Postscript Ending/Closing (no tags)
FXX55F99 ISE F 256 DISK
* - - Postscript sections with tags to generate one page per record in
INPUTFILE
FXX55F95 IF F 256 DISK
* - - Output
FXX55F2 O F 256 DISK
* - -

Here's a sample of QTXT2/XX55F95 (read once per record in INPUTFILE)

0001.00
0002.00 /a_name (Name: *NAME) def
0003.00 /a_hird (Date of hire: *HIRD) def
0004.00 /cap_saja (*CAP_SAJA) def
0005.00 /cap_caj2 (*CAP_CAJ2) def
0006.00
- - - - ------------- 4 data records excluded
---------------------------------
% Logo
0011.00 lm 1 add 716 Simbolo
0012.00
0013.00 /Helvetica findfont 10 scalefont setfont
0014.00 394 756 alto sub moveto a_name show
0015.00 394 756 alto 2 mul sub moveto a_hird show
0016.00

Simbolo, alto (and many others) are defined once in the preamble.
For example in Simbolo I use a logo that I got in EPS (encapsulated
postscript)
format, but needed to be scaled to 0.2 of the original size.
x and y are the parms representing the coordinates where you want it to be
placed on the page.

0034.00 /Simbolo {
0035.00
0036.00 /y exch def
0037.00 /x exch def
0038.00
0039.00 save gsave
0040.00 x y translate
0041.00 0.2 0.2 scale
0042.00 /showpage {} bind def
0043.00 (/home/Sample/var/XXYY_512_376.eps) run
0044.00 grestore restore
0045.00
0046.00 } def

Here's a sample of signature that will accept coordinates x,y using
another EPS
with the signature image (yy.eps).

0037.00 /Firma {
0038.00 /y exch def