Roger,

IPDS and USERASCII would be nice. But, I have a feeling CPYSPLF is just
using the Host Print Transform API (or something similar) in the background
to convert to PCL and then PDF. I could be wrong, but I am guessing that
because I've seen it have the same issues with alignment as our application
that uses the same API.

As far as being "lucky"... when you print normally it will automatically
size things down to legal size paper for you. But, that won't happen when
adding overlays to the PDF. :)

If the page size was correct (A4, legal, etc) then landscape and portrait
shouldn't be an issue.

I've seen a LOT over the years. For example, shops who have 80 column
reports but the printer file is still 132 wide. They just don't print past
80. :)

Now THAT is going to mess things up I bet. :) With our utility we were
able to get around that but I don't think CPYSPLF will at this point.

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>