From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:56 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: FTP to a Delimited File

try this instead
c:>ftp myibmi
quote site namefmt 1
put c:\adams\@Worklib\Text.txt /qsys.lib/tstqs36f.lib/d.file/c701.mbr

See also
WRKLNK '/QSYS.LIB/TSTQS36F.LIB/D.FILE/*'

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Jerry Adams" <midrange@xxxxxxxx>
To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/25/2016 08:48 AM
Subject: FTP to a Delimited File

I am trying to FTP a text file to a source physical file with a single
member. For example:

put c:\adams\@Worklib\Text.txt tstqs36f/d.c701

The push "works" BUT the FTP process say "150 Sending file to member C701
in
file D in library TSTQS36F"

I tried qualifying the file name as "D.C701" but got the same message. It
did create a file named "D" and the data was there.

Tried single quotes with equivalent results. Except that it created a
file
named "D#".

There is, by the way, already a member in the source physical file with
the
same name (i.e., D.C701).

So how do I push to a file/member which is delimited?

Jerry C. Adams

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the
average voter! -Winston Churchill

IBM i Programmer/Analyst

--

NMM&D