Justin:

PASE is only a "run-time environment" that supports (a subset of) the AIX "application binary interface" (ABI) to allow running a significant number of AIX applications on OS/400 or IBM i.

Where did you get an "AIX" version of "GIT" to install and run in PASE? What version of OS/400 or IBM i are you running this on? That affects the version of the AIX ABI (subset) supported by PASE ... For example, if you are running IBM i 7.1, PASE will support the AIX 6 version of any APIs, etc. -- if running IBM i 6.1, PASE will support AIX 5.3, and so on ... generally, PASE is always one release behind AIX, based on the OS/400 or IBM i version/release.

I suspect that "ca-bundle.crt" is some sort of "digital certificate" (or a "bundle" of digital certificates.)

In OS/400 or IBM i, to work with and "install" digital certificates is by using the "DCM" the "Digital Certificate Manager" -- a component of Operations Navigator or IBM i Navigator. This is accessed through a web browser user interface. You should have some understanding of how digital certificates "work" including "root" certificates and the "chain of trust" etc., or you can quite quickly become "lost" when trying to use DCM, as it does not provide much help or any "wizards" etc. to guide you.

As far as the parts of your question(s) related to "truss" or "strace" I do not think PASE provides any direct equivalent -- you need to use the "native" facilities of the underlying OS/400 or IBM i to do any kind of "tracing."

Hope that helps ...

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 2/18/2016 11:21 PM, Justin Dearing wrote:
Hey,

So first of all I actualy asked this on serverfault a while ago, never got
an answer but its relevant again. If you know the answer, please claim your
imaginary stackexchange internet points.

http://serverfault.com/questions/729341/is-there-a-truss-equivalent-for-pase

So first the real problem I'm trying to solve. I have the git command
installedo n a box on pase, but it doesn't seem to have a file called
ca-bundle.crt, which it needs to deal with https endpoints. I was able to
copy that file from git for windows and point git to it, but I don't know
where it looks for the file be default. I'd like to know where that is.

On linux the command would be strace -e open git
__SOME_PARAMATERS_FOR_GIT__. On AIX, the command would truss, but when I
google truss pase I don't see "install this PTF and your golden" is there a
truss command?

Also, if there is a green screen command to report all the IFS files a CL
command or a job touches I could do this from the green screen if someone
could point me in that directions.

Cheers,

Justin