From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 12:09 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Restarting Telnet

On 2/1/2016 3:02 PM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
I'm going to re-ask a basic question here, related to the testing the new SSL cert.
I actually need to do this.
I have a new SSL 256 Sha cert, tested on my playground LPAR.
I also have the new cert install on R&D LPAR, but have yet assigned it apps.
I need a way, if possible, to test the new cert with various apps, before installing and applying this to Production.
One of the issues, is not all the apps are on the R&D LPAR.
Or, If something does not work on Production, within DCM, Update Certificate Assignment, assign that one app back to the old cert.

I'm actually looking at this right now. I'm hoping the DCM APIs will
give me the ability to script this exact scenario:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/apis/secex1.htm

I have not done any work with them yet. Other stuff popped up.