Thanks for pointing out that you have to hover to see it - I was wondering where it was supposed to show up.

On Jan 28, 2016, at 12:27 PM, Matt Olson <Matt.Olson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

So turning on "extended metadata" to true does change the behavior. But then I loose all the column names in the result set.

I want a three row header:

1. Long Names in row one
2. Short names in row two
3. Column description in row three
4. Data proceeds afterwards.

Or at the very least to hover over the column name and see all this data.

Right now if I just turn on the following extended property I get 90% there:

"metadata source" to 0 I get the column info (we are on V7R1, but documentation says this is for V6R1 and earlier, I'm guessing a bug here).

Now when I hover over the column name in SQL Workbench I see the good stuff:

1. Long Name
2. Column data type, length
3. Remarks (column description)

So, I am just missing the short names.

This is good enough though, gets me almost there. I don't care too much about the shortnames anyways as the long names are much more readable. However the RPG programmers always use the short names since they have limited text area to type in on the green screens and don't have autocomplete there.