Hello Mark

You need to configure a NFS server on the Windows Server
The NFS on our Win2012 server is actually a "feature" you have to configure
here is a couple of links I've found using Google

http://www.serverlab
.ca/tutorials/windows/storage-file-systems/configuring-an-nfs
-server-on-windows-server-2012-r2/

https://connect.nimblestorage
.com/community/configuration-and-networking/blog/2013/10/30/nfs
-with-windows-2012

It is some years now so I only vaguely remember that you configure access
authorization on the (Windows) NFS server by machines rather then by user
but I may be wrong at that.

The MNTOVRDIR needs to exist in the IFS before issuing the ADDMFS.

BTW, there is a special i Nevigator indication for directories in the IFS
that are mapped to a NFS dir on other server
(in the following screen sneep you can see that 3 IFS directories are NFS
-mapped.)

[image: Inline image 1]

When the NFS mapping is in place you can (even) use WRKLNK to access it.

HTH

Gad

date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:10:15 -0500
from: mlazarus <mlazarus@xxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Having trouble with MOUNT *NFS

Gad,

Is the NFS software on the Windows server set up as a service?

Does it come with Window Server or is it an add-on?

Does the MNTOVRDIR directory that is specified need to exist or it a
virtual directory created as a result of this command?

TIA.

-mark