Frigyes,

SNDPGMMSG puts a message in a program message queue. The job log can be thought of as a view that combines all of the program message queues in a job.

You ask where the message goes to... this is controlled by the TOPGMQ() parameter of the SNDPGMMSG command. It looks like you aren't specifying that parameter, so the default value (you can see this by prompting the command) is *PRV, which means the program message queue that's immediately previous to the program running the SNDPGMMSG command.

type SNDPGMMSG at any command prompt and hit F4 to see the parameters. With the cursor on the "Call stack entry message queue" (TOPGMQ) parameter, press F1 to learn more.

The default is *PRV because SNDPGMMSG is often used to notify the calling program of the current program's status/result. For example, it may send an *ESCAPE message to the caller to tell it that the program failed, or a *COMP message to the caller to tell it that the program completed successfully, or an *INFO message (as you're doing) to provide some general information.

Once messages are in the program's message queue, they can also be removed. So if you're seeing the message in the job log for only a short time, and then it's disappearing,it's possible that a program is removing them.

-SK