P10 running V7R1M0. Tape drive is 5746. I think you are on to something
with the journal receivers. If that turns out to be the issue, what are my
options?

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rich,

Can you supply more details for your environment, both system and backup
device used.
Are the PF you reorged journaled? Your journal receivers may be large and
you may be saving them, would explain the longer backup times.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Richard Reeve
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 9:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Backups taking longer after reorg

All,

I did a simple dspfd to an outfile and looked at the percentage of
deleted records to total. I did the reorg on those that had more than 10%
deleted. All of the rebuilding of indexes is done but my backup time is
still 30 minutes longer than it had been. I am NOT using the save while
active stragegy.

I am doing an IPL tomorrow. Don't know what else to do. Any help is
much appreciated.

Rich

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>