I had successfully set up one tape library (3573-L4U) to be shared via
multiple lpars.
I set up the virtual between the VIOS lpar with the card to each client
lpar.
Ran the
vfcmap -vadapter vfchost# -fcp fcs0
where # is tied to each client lpar. Fully realizing that vfchost2 does
not necessarily mean lpar 2.
Works great.
From that 5735 card it goes to a san switch. On the IBM i you see
WRKHDWRSC *STG
Resource Type-model Status Text
CMB03 6B25-001 Operational Storage Controller
DC03 6B25-001 Operational Storage Controller
TAPGRT01 3573-040 Operational Tape Library

Option 9 on the media library shows:
Resource Type-model Status Text
TAPGRT01 3573-040 Operational Tape Library
TAP02 3580-004 Operational Tape Unit
TAP01 3580-004 Operational Tape Unit
TAP03 3580-004 Operational Tape Unit
TAP04 3580-004 Operational Tape Unit

WRKMLBSTS shows
Device/
Resource Status Allocation
TAPGRT01 VARIED ON
TAP01 OPERATIONAL UNPROTECTED
TAP04 OPERATIONAL UNPROTECTED
TAP02 OPERATIONAL UNPROTECTED
TAP03 OPERATIONAL UNPROTECTED

When initially setting this up a long time ago I had ran:
chgdev -dev fscsi0 -attr fc_err_recov=fast_fail dyntrk=yes -perm
chgdev -dev fscsi1 -attr fc_err_recov=fast_fail dyntrk=yes -perm
and rebooted vios (before all the config above).

All working good. BRMS, etc. Been this way for over a year.

Now I thought, I'd like to hook up that second port on that card to
another library.
Ran:
vfcmap -vadapter vfchost2 -fcp fcs1

All heck breaks loose. On a different lpar than the WRKHDWRSC *STG above,
I now see:
Resource Type-model Status Text
CMB03 6B25-001 Inoperative Storage Controller
DC03 6B25-001 Inoperative Storage Controller
TAPGRT01 3573-040 Inoperative Tape Library

WRKMLBSTS was wonky so I varied it off but now I cannot vary it on. Which
kind of makes sense since the hardware is "Inoperative".

My first thought is how do I back out the vfcmap command?

I ran a
lsmap -all -npiv | more
and I see:

Name Physloc ClntID ClntName ClntOS
------------- ---------------------------------- ------ --------------
-------
vfchost1 U8286.41A.214405V-V2-C204 4 MAIL3 IBM

Status:LOGGED_IN
FC name:fcs0 FC loc code:U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C9-T1
Ports logged in:5
Flags:a<LOGGED_IN,STRIP_MERGE>
VFC client name: VFC client DRC:U8286.41A.214405V-V4-C204

Name Physloc ClntID ClntName ClntOS
------------- ---------------------------------- ------ --------------
-------
vfchost2 U8286.41A.214405V-V2-C205 5

Status:NOT_LOGGED_IN
FC name:fcs1 FC loc code:U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C9-T2
Ports logged in:0
Flags:4<NOT_LOGGED>
VFC client name: VFC client DRC:

Judging by this it didn't ADD fcs1. It REPLACED fcs0 with fcs1.

So, to back it out, let me try
vfcmap -vadapter vfchost2 -fcp fcs0

lsmap shows fcs0 now but it still isn't "logged in". WRKHDWRSC *STG still
shows it as inoperative. Sandbox lpar so I am thinking IPL. In
progress...
Meanwhile I am wondering, since it 'replaced' instead of added, if I need
to configure a separate virtual fiber channel between this vios lpar, and
the IBM i client lpar and then use that new vfchost# in vfmap...