It might have been S2K I remember that did some interesting things.
For example it might have them I remember from Y2K that totally changed
the names of their physical files and their layouts to be Y2K compliant.
The old names were then assigned to logicals based off of the physicals
and had mapped the date fields back to pre Y2K formats. Record format
level id of the logical matched the record format level id of the old
physical.

I think it was them that had a crude version of temporal tables. However
instead of rolling off the changes into the archive file they remained in
the main. And you could even enter records to become effective in the
future. This rather made our developers eyes bleed so users were
instructed not to take advantage of that capability.