Sent: Friday, December 04, 2015 3:41 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Raid Configuration

To the Hardware guys

a quick one:

Due to replacing 3 SSDs installed for test puposes with (the original) 3
HDDs
The BP is breaking the existing RAID5 set of 15 HDDs and is going to build
a 18 HDDs
RAID5 set (adding 3 HDDs)

My question, should we build istead a RAID6 set ?
what are the pros & cons?

This is a 8286 41A P8 machine with 18 283GB 15K discs all in the CEC
(plus 8 more in expansion 5887)
I believe that there is a EJ0P on-board controller .

So RAID5 or RAID6 ?

thanks
gad