From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sue Baker
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:14 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: STRASPBAL - *HSM and/or *MP

I don't think either balancing method is likely to result in what you want .... having the right data on SSD at the right time.

I think you should look at the BRMS 7.2 TR3 timed enhancement to stage data on SSD. Information on this capability is at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?
lang=en#/wiki/IBM%20Backup%2C%20Recovery%20and%20Media%
20Services%20%28BRMS%29%20for%20i/page/Enhancements

--
Sue
IBM North America Advanced Technical Sales Support (ATS) Power Systems Rochester, MN