If you create an RPGIV program with CRTBNDRPG and DFTACTGRP *YES, an OPM
program is generated, i.e. when ending the program with *INLR = *ON, it is
removed from memory after the program ends. The next time the OPM program is
called within the same job the new version of the program will be activated.

ILE programs are NOT removed from memory when ending with *INLR = *ON. They
remain in the activation group and only the files get closed. At the next
call, the variables are reinitialized and the files reopened, that's it. An
ILE program is not removed from memory before the activation group in which
it runs is ended.
When running an ILE Program in the default activation group (due to the
issue that is was compiled with activation group *CALLER and the caller
program runs in the default activation group), the program will not be
removed from memory independent whether it is ended with *INLR = *ON or NOT.
It will not be replaced before the job ends, i.e. until the default
activation group gets closed.

Because it is a web application, your program may or may not run within the
same job. If it runs for the first time in a different job, the new version
will be executed.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)