Assuming the Printronix works like the IBM 6400 line printers...

I suspect that you'd need the IPDS option installed in the printer.

You'd have to have the printer defined as *IPDS via CRTDEVPRT DEVD(MYPRT)
DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS)

This means that you also have to have the _chargeable_ licence program
Print Services Facility (PSF) for IBM i. At 7.1 there are three versions:
LICPGM Option Description
5770-SS1 36 PSF for IBM i 1-55 IPM Printer Support
5770-SS1 37 PSF for IBM i 1-100 IPM Printer Support
5770-SS1 38 PSF for IBM i Any Speed Printer Support

Finally, a warning...printing barcodes significantly slowed down the IBM
6400 line printer I tried them on.

If you don't already have the PSF LICPGM, you can install it as a 70-day
trial to test before you pay for it.

Charles