From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Krill, Coy
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 15:04
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: DB2: Generating epoch time

Scratch all that, the TIMESTAMPDIFF is returning an estimate even when requesting seconds as the interval, so this results in the epoch time being off by a two full weeks on my box. Best bet might be a UDF wrapper around the C time() runtime function.

I vaguely remember TIMESTAMPDIFF biting me the same way every few years when I try to use it again as I forget it's an estimate.

Coy Krill
Core Processing Administrator/Analyst
Washington Trust Bank