On 10-Nov-2015 10:41 -0600, Jim Franz wrote:
Preparing to load latest cume C5142 for 7.1
MF99010 Cover letter only
MF99008 Superseded - not applied
MF99007 Permanently applied

The cover for MF99010 has this statement about restoring a newer lic

If PTF 5770999-MF99008 is not Permanently applied nor superseded by
a Permanently applied PTF, there may not be enough reserved
loadsource storage available to install PTF 5770999-MF99010. To
prevent the PTF install from failing with CPF362C (Insufficient
storage for Licensed Internal Code fix), restore Licensed Internal
Code (LIC) level "RS 710-N" (May 2015) which has MF99010 permanently
applied. If you have questions on how to restore LIC, contact your
service provider. NOTE: If you restore LIC, you need to re-install
the latest cumulative PTF package, PTF groups, and and any single LIC
PTFs that were previously applied on your system.

We don't have dvds for this. Is the newer lic downloadable? Is there
any other way of reserving space? This is scheduled this weekend. We
get heat for doing massing downloads across the corp network.

Perhaps instead, look into downloading and applying only the PTF(s) required as preventive to the LIC load-source storage space issue, prior to applying the cumulative. That is, perform what is described in the text following the nearly identical "statement about restoring a newer LIC", found in the SF99710 cover letter, with the following addendum; as the quoted snippet:
[https://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLINE003.NSF/PTFbyNumber/SF99710]
"... if you restore LIC for this issue, the following instruction regarding PTF SI43588/SI47010 is not required because their purpose is to permanently apply a set of LIC PTFs which are already included in the LIC you restored.

Function in PTF SI43588 will ensure your system has enough space to install Licensed Internal Code fixes. PTF SI43588 must be active BEFORE installing this cumulative PTF package. Enter the following command to determine if PTF SI43588 is active:

DSPPTF LICPGM(5770SS1) SELECT(SI43588)

If the status is Temporarily applied or Permanently applied, the PTF is active. If the status is Superseded, verify that the superseding PTF is Temporarily applied or Permanently applied. If PTF SI43588 is not found or not active, electronically download superseding PTF SI47010 and its requisites as save files, and temporarily apply SI47010 *before* installing this cumulative PTF Package.
..."