We moved away from the use of SNDDST and use the APIs for sending mail. But doesn't that still need to use SMTP and MSF?
From: MIDRANGE-L [midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Bradley Stone [bvstone@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2015 5:27 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: DLO

It won't be just vendors... What about IBM and SNDDST. :) There are a lot
of people using that hunk o junk. There's a new command I think I read
about that replaces SNDDST, but I try to stay away from that whole disaster
that is SMTP and MSF on the IBM i.

We deprecated the use of QDLS a few years ago with our software. It's
there still, but not support in the least bit.

QDLS going away is going to be a BIG surprise to not just vendors, but most
shops in general (there's more home written code out there than not).

I'm surprised (well, not really) how many still use it for almost
everything.

Brad
www.bvstools.com