On 23-Oct-2015 09:11 -0500, rob wrote:
Your service request number is 49505,082,000.

FWiW, from the other discussion I recall there was another related issue with the messaging; i.e. also nothing indicative appearing within the OUTPUT(*PRINT) or OUTPUT(*OUTFILE). And that such /skipped/ as not-saved objects [due to disallowed vs an actual error] also were not being reflected in the aggregates like there exists for other not-saved objects [per an error] that appears in a final\followup message [or in summary lines\page of an outfile or a report] summarizing what was saved or what had failed to get saved by the request. Mentioned, in case you are interested in verifying that as a possible issue with what was described, and thus pursuing that angle as well.

I just saw a post from Larry from which I now understand why I can not find the other discussion. That other topic was discussing the msg CPD3775 "Cannot save or restore &1." explaining that "The system does not allow object &1 to be saved or restored." *rather than* the msg CPD37C3 "Cannot save &1." explaining that "The ALWSAV attribute on &1 was set to *NO preventing the object from being saved."

With the explanation in that reply [http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201510/msg00732.html], I wonder if perhaps the text for msg CPD37C4 could be less confusing [I totally missed the nuance of two distinct issues being covered by the one msg CPD37C4], if they added another sentence; i.e. rather than the first of the following, the second might be much clearer [specifically noting also, the /paragraph/ break inserted]:

CPD37C4 ...
Message . . . . : 14 objects not saved.
Cause . . . . . : 0 objects were not saved due to the ALWSAV
attribute set to *NO. A CPD37C3 message was sent for each of those
objects. 14 objects were not saved because the system has indicated
they should not be saved.

CPD37C4 ...
Message . . . . : 14 objects not saved.
Cause . . . . . : 0 objects were not saved due to the ALWSAV
attribute set to *NO. A CPD37C3 message was sent for each of those
objects.
14 objects were not saved because the system has indicated
they should not be saved. A CPD3775 message was sent for each of
those objects.

And... I wonder, perhaps the joblog did log some CPD3775; or any in the history?

I might have to revisit that other discussion, now that I know what to look for; I am thinking my woefully insufficient ability to read Italian may have caused me to misinterpret what was the originally described scenario :-( Though I do recall their claim was that the messages claimed-to-be-sent never were... and their concern about the aggregate information never being reported [as an error].