From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SQL Pre-compiler Issue

Altering a table, and then modifying the new columns is probably not something the compiler team thought of. I can see an application for this from software vendors and their version upgrade programs.

I would suggest that if you feel this is a worthwhile feature then I suggest you first open a PMR to see if there is some possible thing you may be doing wrong. Failing that, then I would submit a request for a design change. Having a pmr number will at least allow you to fill in the optional fields on the DCR. IDK if it helps.

PMR site:
http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest

Design Change Request site:
https://www-912.ibm.com/r_dir/ReqDesChange.nsf/Request_for_Design_Change?OpenForm