+1

On October 19, 2015 at 12:55 PM darren@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm not very message board savvy, but I think this conversation has taken
an extremely personal turn, and its really not appropriate for a message
board. That issue, combined with hammering someone on another post and
asking them to comment on it in this post is also a little far reaching.

At issue is that the IBM i SQL optimizer doesn't work the same as some
other DB, and maybe worse. If you want to change that, and again, this
probably isn't the proper place to do that, then your cause will be better
served by debating and detailing the performance facts, not hammering
someone's posting style on this and other forums.

Its hard to do, but you've got to reign in hurt feelings and not post if
that's all that's left.

From: satya tiruveedhi <satyatiruveedhi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/19/2015 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: update field based on substring of numeric field

Chuck,

You might want to double check who is FD&H in conviction? You have not
acknowledged the problems in your answer in the link I have mentioned (
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=29f1b25d-8db8-408c-b7d2-df7dfb890af8&ps=25

). Almost every statement you made in the post in the link is wrong. I was
amused by your post in the link, you were trying to criticize OP and
somehow got every statement wrong in your post. Your idea is that no one
will notice if it is not acknowledged.

I have seen your approach on the forums. Whenever there is a possibility to
find out fault (real or imaginary) with someone's post, you are eager to
participate in the discussion. If you can not answer when someone finds
something wrong in your analysis, you stop participating in the discussion
and again reappear later to find out fault on other posts in the
discussion. Even on this thread, you have not responded when it does not
suit you. You were talking about making SQL more readable and claiming your
version of the SQL is more readable, but there is no reply from you when I
pointed out redundant statements in your SQL. So who is FD&H in conviction?

People make mistakes and draw wrong conclusions. That happens on every
forum. However, when someone points out the mistake, people usually
acknowledge. That kind of acknowledgement does not happen when it comes to
some of the iSeries veterans. I have seen first hand iSeries veteran
making wrong analysis and refusing to accept correct analysis even after it
was proved that their analysis is wrong.

Satya...