From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
CRPence
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:51 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Learning SEU, Source members, etc for the non I programmer?

On 15-Oct-2015 10:26 -0500, Buck Calabro wrote:
On 10/15/2015 7:25 AM, rob wrote:
There's an ancient IBM manual, long out of print, called:
Application Programming: Application Development by Example I have
SC21-9852-0 on mine.

<<SNIP>> BookManager had specially-formatted .boo files which needed
the IBM BookReader to view. <<SNIP>>

Perhaps someone still has an ancient BookManager CD with that really old
title, such that they still have access to a digital copy. Finding out the
name of the .boo file would enable searching for the file name [without the
extension, per chance searchable even whilst the content with both title and
publication number remain elusive from searches].
The naming qbkaXXXX.boo is likely, but that is just a guess, suggesting a
likely prefix.

Of course if they have such a CD, then even if they do not have a
functional copy of the BookManager software, probably they could use a
converter, from that .boo format to another; e.g. "BookServer is the tool
that allows this on the web (converting each BookManager page to HTML on the
fly)." which is a quote from the FAQ found via the link included below.

FWiW: From the IBM Publications Center there is a FAQ for which there is
a suggestion to click the _About this site_ link for Contact Information, as
a response to the question "The publication I want is obsolete - what has
replaced it?":
[http://www.ibm.com/e-business/linkweb/publications/servlet/ppi.wss]

--
Regards, Chuck