Yep -= GCC was needed to get the stuff IBM are putting into OPS compiled - so those are NOT forks - they take the source as is and compile with gcc.

The compiler in PASE - the C/C++ whose name I forget, just isn't good for taking these open source things into PASE - with that compiler, IBM WOULD have to modify source and rewrite all over the place.

Cheers
Vern