On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM Wilson, Jonathan <piercing_male@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Can you ssh, or term, "into" pase so bypassing the green screen
entirely?

Yes, that's exactly what I do. I've never ran QSH from the green screen.
OpenSSH is installed on v7.2 (maybe its a separate PTF I don't know, I'm
not an operator) , but there is some command that you can run that runs
opensshd and you can ssh into port 22 and get a shell prompt that behaves
like unix. You can install bash, and have it behave like a modern unix
variant, but the default shell is really bad.

If you can, does it then behave in terminal fashion so curses and/or
x-11 (is that the correct term?) works as expected in a manner that us
Linux bods would understand with a form of "windowing" (curses style)
and/or standard sh style input-output such as "| more" and wait for
input in a running shell script?

Its a terminal. You putty into it, or use your ssh client of choice.
Someone ported some form of vi and it works, so there is curses support.
Yes, there is X11, and the binaries live somewhere that makes me think its
installable via PTF (see other thread for where). I need to enable ssh
forwarding, but I fully expect to be able to run X11 apps through xming on
my windows desktop.

Basically though, out of the box with PASE you can set up an environemnt
that can be SSHed into and would look to an average linux guy to be about
as weird as solaris or FreeBSD to them.

In case the distinction was not clear, QP2TERM and PASE are not the
same thing, though the shell that opens up when you call QP2TERM runs
in PASE.

John Y.