On 29-Sep-2015 07:22 -0600, CRPence wrote:
<<SNIP>>
Hopefully we will hear back, that the most straightforward of those
circumventions [i.e. to mark the AlwSav attribute of the BRMS flight
recorder files prior to the GO SAVE Opt21], will have successfully
prevented the issue on the upcoming Wednesday save.

The save apparently worked last week but failed this week. After review, the same problem, but this time for the file named tapetms which is also in the /tmp/brms directory; i.e. /tmp/brms/tapetms

So I really think to avoid the potential for any other files being written-to, concurrent to the save, either mark /tmp or /tmp/brms as AlwSav=*NO so as to prevent any save of [the files in] that [sub]directory under root; i.e. AIUI, the Allow Save set to *NO further up the hierarchy prevents the generic save from including those sub-directories thus implicitly omits all those files... which, being in /tmp, are temporal and unnecessary for the full recovery of a system.

[http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1016297]
"Integrated File System Files Created by BRMS to Be Used for Diagnosing BRMS Problems
Technote (troubleshooting)

Problem(Abstract)

BRMS creates files in /tmp/brms that can be used by service personnel when diagnosing problems with BRMS. In the current design, when these files reach a size of 10 MB, they are renamed to *.bku and a new file is created. When the new file reaches 10 MB, the *.BKU file is deleted, and the original file is renamed to *.bku. It is not possible to prevent these files from being created.

[...]

Reference #: N1016297
Historical Number 32476737"

An alternative is to customize the SAV request to include the following element ('/tmp/brms/*' *OMIT) to the OBJ parameter specification; i.e. change from the following found in the QMNSAVE source:

OBJ(('/*') ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) +
('/QDLS' *OMIT))

to:

OBJ(('/*') ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) +