Hi all,

I'm working on POC for shredding XML with db2. I did actually get shredding work but I'm running into complications.

My problem - the XML contained an XML document within the XML and it was wrapped in CDATA. I successfully shredded the larger piece extracting the inner document into a db2 file with a column type of clob and ccsid of 1208. I then moved the clob to a table with a column defined as XML.

Now I need to shred what is inside the clob.

I successfully registered the xsd's/schema.

But I'm getting into trouble when I try to issue XDBDECOMPXML. For the first shredding when the data was part of an xml document on the IFS I successfully used get_xml_file. But now when the xml is part of a file the get_xml_file fails.
get_xml_file('mylibrary/CBX_XML(CBX_XML)')

The documentation says that get_xml_file should be able to retrieve from a file
"For a source physical file, the string must be in the form 'library/file(member)'"

I've played with the syntax a bit - but nothing seems to work.

Vicki Wilson