Hi Gerald

I think there is a problem using the .../ext folder - what is in there will always be processed - my memory is weak here, but Scott recommended it in his early stuff, then gave revised recommendations to use a different path.

So I think you are always going to get the old driver - get everything out of .../ext as soon as you can - everything of your own, that is.

Here is something from a wiki article - it mentions /jre/lib/ext - that's where you put the original driver -

The virtual machine searches for and loads classes in this order:

1. bootstrap classes: the classes that are fundamental to the Java
Platform <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Platform> (comprising
the public classes of the Java Class Library
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Class_Library>, and the private
classes that are necessary for this library to be functional).
2. extension classes: packages
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_package> that are in the
/extension/ directory of the JRE <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JRE>
or JDK <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JDK>, jre/lib/ext/
3. user-defined packages and libraries

By default only the packages of the JDK <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JDK> standard API <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Platform,_Standard_Edition> and extension packages are accessible without needing to set where to find them. The path for all user-defined packages <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_package> and libraries must be set in the command-line (or in the Manifest <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_file> associated with the Jar file <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAR_%28file_format%29> containing the classes).

HTH
Vern