On 25-Sep-2015 05:56 -0600, Darryl Freinkel wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM, CRPence wrote:

On 15-Sep-2015 13:31 -0600, CRPence wrote:

On 15-Sep-2015 13:11 -0600, Vernon Hamberg wrote:

We've a situation here - looking for ideas.

New LPAR that is to have the same objects but in different
library.

Files in library LIB01 on LPAR01 saved and then restored to
LIB02 on LPAR02 with PVTAUT(*NO).

There were private authorities on all these files on LPAR01.
There are NO private authorities on these files on LPAR02 -
makes sense, I know.

We need the private authorities to be the same as they were on
LPAR01 - all users ARE present on both partitions.

So question I was asked, is there a way to apply the private
authorities after the restore, where there is now only the
owner's and a *PUBLIC on the objects?

There have been changes to the data already since the restore
- that just complicates things, I'd say.

A couple ways; the latter probably eliminates some nuances that
are likely to be encountered if there does not exist already an
existing grant-from-outfile data program in which those nuances
have already been identified and accounted-for, but obviously
taking a new save might be even more onerous:

• A CLP [or REXX] that does the Display Object Authority
(DSPOBJAUT) against all the objects in the library [using
MBROPT(*N *ADD)] on LPAR01. Move the data to the LPAR02. Then on
the LPAR02, use that output file data to issue the respective
Grant Object Authority (GRTOBJAUT) requests; optionally omitting
the redundant *PUBLIC and owner authorities.

• Take a new Save Library (SAVLIB) while omitting as much of
unnecessary data using PVTAUT(*ALL) and avoiding save-history
using UPDHST(*NO), Restore Library (RSTLIB) using PVTAUT(*ALL)
into an alternate but new library name [e.g. LIB02AUT or
RSTLIB(*SAVLIB); QTEMP might not be an option given some object
types would not be able to be restored, and the authority to the
*LIB object still would be missing]. Then similar to the
aforementioned CLP, have the program process every object in the
newly restored library, issuing a GRTOBJAUT using the Reference
Object (REFOBJ) [and Reference Object Type (REFOBJTYPE)]
specifications.

I long ago had created and used both such programs, but I no
longer have the source or the *PGMs.

I must have accidentally deleted the explanation of "omitting as
much of unnecessary data" and dropped "while including"; that
should have stated:

• Take a new Save Library (SAVLIB) while omitting as much of
unnecessary data using SAVFDTA(*NO) STG(*KEEP) ACCPTH(*NO)
FILEMBR((*ALL *NONE)) SPLFDTA(*NONE) QDTA(*NONE) while including
private authorities with PVTAUT(*YES) and avoiding save-history
using UPDHST(*NO),

Hmm. Looking closer, I mis-remembered available support on SAVLIB;
seems the SAVLIB does not offer the FILEMBR() and the Private
Authorities parameter specification is *YES vs *ALL. Argh. So must
use instead the Save Object (SAVOBJ) instead, and deal with the
*LIB object separately :-(

You would need the same user profiles and they should be setup the
same as on LPAR01.

Do a SAVAUT on LPAR01 and then use the RSTAUT command. That should
get the authorities restored. You may need to restore the library as
LIB01 before RSTAUT and rename the library.

Some objects may not like to be renamed example journals.

The corresponding save request to the Restore Authority (RSTAUT), is Save Security Data (SAVSECDTA) [which is included as part of the Save System (SAVSYS) request].

While plausible to be effected that way, probably inadvisable; at least it seems, for what the OP describes. Both the noted restriction and the potentially large amount of security information that would be saved [and time in restricted-state], along with the potential for many private authorities being carried-over that may be undesirable; i.e. conspicuously, the restore to a different name implies that the other partition is not a shadowed\mirrored copy of objects, so authorities likely also would not be. And still, the issue remains, that the full RSTAUT requires restricted-state to perform completely, while potentially for many thousands times as much work as required for assigning just the specific private authorities for the set of objects from the one library [and the *LIB itself].