I still am not sure why this was there in the first place, Chuck. Granted, yes, you can do what you've described. Personally, even I wouldn't probably go to inserting lines this way - SEU doesn't have a way to directly set sequence number, anyhow.

Interesting, though - but I guess I'm still interested in the use case that suggested it be done - I'm not THAT old on the 38 or 400 or successors that I'd know about the earlier systems.

Again, just curious.

Thx
Vern