The reason the save spills over to a second tape is due to files in IFS
that were built to prepare an archive which runs on a Windows server. Last
week, I ran multiple SAV commands, to test the full tape condition. After
running SAV four times, the tape was filled. A new tape was inserted, and
the SAV then completed. I did this with system running normal, not in
restricted state. Not quite scientific. Something in the previous
commands used by Go SAVE 21 appears to set the stage for partial damage. I
had no trouble at all running 5 SAV commands. Four to fill tape and the
fifth to add to what was already on the second tape from the fourth SAV.

I downloaded the PSP, but hae not gotten into it very far.

I suppose I could just load and apply the HIPERs. Would need to sneak in
the IPLs, somehow. It would be nice to know 1) If that fixes the issue,
and 2) When we had an opeator, and second tape was needed, if operator did
not notice the same error. That goes along with the infamous "if it ain't
broke". Have we been skating on thin ice because the error was not even
noticed? In the past, the second tape would have likely been needed due to
the SAVLIB portion. The files in IFS were never thislarge before.

John McKee