I >think< I accomplished the IOP reset when I responded to Chuck's email.
However, started reading your email after that and, of course, got
curious. I am on the screen Hardware Resource Concurrent Maintenance.
Only entry is Tape Library. Model 3590-E11. Power status - Unknown.
Device and MLB are both currently varied off. Pressing F9 power off domain,
displays "The selected power domain cannot be powered off". Maybe because
this is just old, old, old?

I am also wondering if the message requesting the drive be cleaned, is the
only >real< issue, and merely vary off/on, while appearing ro correct the
problem, as evidenced by status changed from FAILED to ON did not actually
correis.ct the underlying issue that the reset(*YES) may have. I am not
wanting to run from applying PTFs, but wonder if all that was wrong was
underlying condition was not fully corrected and now is,

John McKee