Holger,

Those attendees at the conferences are never the problem!
The problem are those ignorants, who didn't move the last 20 years, because
they still code in a style that was (not even) modern 20 years ago with
technologies already available 20 years ago.
Those guys are not interested in innovation, but still sitting in the IT
departments where decisions are made and are sometimes those guys are not
far from retirement.
... and there is no way to reach them, because they are neither at the
conferences, nor in the IBM i forums, nor read any books or articles.

Just recently someone complaint in a class I hold, he feels overwhelmed with
all this "free format" coding (and in this particular class I only used free
format C-Specs, not yet fully free RPG)!
Working in a small software house, we now decided only support release 7.1
and higher (before july this year I had to down complie everything to V5R4!)
Don't ask how often I wrote 2 versions of the same program/procedure, only
because V5R4 did not support something.
Now after having decided going to 7.1 there are again a lot of our customers
complaining about this.

How old is Release 7.1 now 5 years? In the PC world mean this time range
already aeons!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)