Rob,
The OP indicated at the end of his post that that is what the clients say.

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 1:15 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, I double checked. There's only a few of the newer systems that do
not support 6.1. And those all support 7.1 and 7.2. At the time they
came out 7.1 was out for quite some time so it's not they came out with
7.1 solely for those new machines. So I really don't get where you're
coming from with that statement that the OS was only upgraded to support
new hardware.

7.1 and 7.2 both have a LOT of "What's new for this release" information.
Most of this is broken down by area. So you have to open up DB2 and read
"What's new for this release", then RPG, then ...
Many of these sections have a subsection "What's new SINCE this release"
which is basically what has come out with various Technology Refreshes,
PTF's, etc.

Has there been PTF's or Technology Refreshes that have come out in order
to support new hardware such as disk drive such and such or tape drive
this and that? Sure. But I'll warrant that every one of the new TR's
also had a lot of software enhancements and support for future software
enhancements (which often came out in companion PTFs).

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738