. . . What I remember is . . .
Putting MIS* as a WRKSTN entry in the subsystem QPGMR.
Starting STRSBS QPGMR before QINTER
Also, use the IBM command TFRJOB so the job can move to jobq QPGMR. Read the gotchas in the help text of the TFRJOB cmd, such as "The job must not be a group job".
( I know that is how we ensure that QSYSOPR always runs within QCTL subsystem, regardless which device they signon at. I just forget the particulars.)

- John V.

We have a need to switch some workstations to run under QPGMR so that we can shutdown QINTER for a few hours for system maintenance.
I do have workstation entry names in QPGMR with the value MIS*.

That does work occasionally, but I don't remember how and when. My client access session name is MIS_d1, but it continually goes directly to QINTER.
I want to test the process before this coming weekend.

Darryl