On 31-Aug-2015 09:13 -0600, rob wrote:
No such rcac exists on that table

I never meant to imply RCAC anywhere\on-anything; and SQLCOLUMNS is presumably VIEW.

SELECT cast(left(TABLE_SCHEM,10) as char(10)) as library,
cast(left(SYSTEM_COLUMN_NAME,10) as char(10)) as column,
cast(left(TABLE_NAME,10) as char(10)) as table,
COLUMN_NAME
FROM sysibm.sqlcolumns WHERE table_schem = 'ROBXLIB'

LIBRARY COLUMN TABLE COLUMN_NAME
ROBXLIB MYCOL MYTABLE MYCOL

dspffd robxlib/mytable
Not authorized to library ROBXLIB.

Although I had alluded in my recent reply the possible worth of checking the VIEWs named like the ODBC APIs from SYSIBM, the quoted /documentation/ in a link to my archived message suggested that the [set of, but not explicitly named] VIEWs implementing row-filtering by authority were located in QSYS2 [as the ANS and ISO SQL standard schema name synonym for INFORMATION_SCHEMA]; the example in that documentation was coding using the table-reference QSYS2.TABLES [and I had alluded possibly that a QSYS2.COLUMNS might have a similar capability].